10. Sound Art
This award recognises installations, sculptural, electroacoustic and audience-interactive work or non-concert formats.
(a) This category is judged anonymously. Please use the anonymity checklist on page 12 to ensure submitted materials comply.
(b) Each entry must be accompanied by:
- An anonymised PDF score of the entire work, if one exists. Otherwise please submit any other files documenting the work, for example, graphic scores, images, videos or project reports.
- An anonymised WAV file of the entire work.
- Composer biography, programme note and resume of the works exposure. This information is not revealed to the judges but is used for administration purposes.
(c) You are invited to submit:
- An anonymised video, if appropriate. Videos must be in MP4, AVI or MOV format only.
- An anonymised description or context to the work, of up to 60 words.
(d) Each entry should be accompanied by a PDF of the works registration at the relevant royalty collection society, identifying the writer interests and share contributions.
(e) There will be no more than three nominated works in this category.
(f) There will be one winning work in this category.
(g) One hand cast bronze statuette (Ivor Novello Award) will be presented to the winning composer(s), as identified on the works registration at the relevant royalty collection society.
(h) Any works where there is or appears to be a genuine ownership, authorship or author-share dispute may, at the discretion of The Ivors Academy Board, be disqualified.